1. What is a Decal?
Decals provide a way for Annual Pass owners with open-top vehicles (jeeps, motorcycles, etc.) to demonstrate valid Pass ownership at Federal recreation sites that do not have staffed entrance stations. Affixing a decal to an open-top vehicle allows visitors to demonstrate pass ownership without leaving the Annual Pass unsecured in their vehicle.
2. If I present my Decal for entry at a staffed entrance station at a Federal recreation site will I be allowed to enter?
No. Decals alone will not be sufficient for entry; you must show a valid pass.
3. Where can I get a Decal?
Decals will be available to valid Annual Pass owners, free-of-charge, at Federal recreation areas that charge an Entrance or Standard Amenity fee, and at some Federal agency offices.
- Bureau of Land Management http://www.blm.gov
- Bureau of Reclamation http://www.usbr.gov
- Fish & Wildlife Service http://www.fws.gov
- USDA Forest Service http://www.fs.fed.us
- National Park Service http://www.nps.gov
- Federal Recreation lands http://www.recreation.gov
- National Atlas (lands maps) http://www.nationalatlas.gov/printable.html#fedlands
4. What do I need to present in order to get a Decal?
Valid Annual Pass, driver’s license and vehicle registration. The name on all three documents must match.
5. Why can’t I get a decal from USGS or through the mail?
Documentation and identification requirements prevent decals from being issued via the Internet or mail.
6. How many Decals can I get with my Annual Pass?
Up to two (2) Decals may be issued per Annual Pass.
7. Why aren’t Decals issued for Senior and Access Pass owners?
Presently, Decals are only available for Annual passes. It is difficult to create a lifetime decal for Senior and Access Pass owners because:
- Decals are exposed to the elements and are prone to deterioration
- Lifetime pass owners may change vehicles over the lifetime they have their pass
8. How long is a Decal valid?
The Decal will be marked with the same expiration date as the associated Annual Pass. Decals are non-transferable and are voided if altered.
9. Can I be issued a Decal 6 months after I purchase an Annual Pass?
Yes. However, Decals will be marked with the same expiration date as the Annual Pass, regardless of when they are issued.
10. What if my Decal gets damaged by weather?
A weather-damaged Decal is replaceable as long as identification is provided to validate ownership and a portion of the Decal is identifiable.
11. Does my Decal provide any discounts in the Federal recreation sites, at Cooperating Association bookstores or gift shops that are located in the recreation areas?
No. The Decal is merely a way for owners of open-top vehicles to demonstrate valid pass ownership.
12. Is a Decal valid at State Parks or local Recreation Areas?
No. Federal Recreation areas are operated by the Federal government. Visit http://www.recreation.gov for more information about Federal recreation areas.